Erica is an experience designer, strategist and mentor at heart, and believes in leading by example. She is an expert-level user of the Adobe Creative Suite, with a background in front-end web development and object oriented programming, and maintains a solid grasp & understanding of emerging technologies and platforms.
Notable recent projects include
- Self service experience enhancements to EA Games' support site,
- Supporting the launch of the new Delta.com,
- Creating a mobile banking self service app for Windows 8,
- Conceptualizing the Flight Deck Experience at the San Francisco airport,
- Serving as a Universal Design advocate, helping a global banking brand achieve ADA compliance with their digital properties
In her spare time, Erica is a zen kitchen master, makes art, swims, hikes, bikes, and serves as Secretary of the Executive Board for Please BE KIND to Cyclists, where most of her efforts are geared toward using design for social impact. The organization's mission is to increase awareness and provide education for safe cycling in traffic, and to assist cyclists, and families of cyclists who have been injured or killed by motorists.
Erica is an MFA candidate at Texas State University in the Communication Design program. She is focusing on Data Visualization and the human contexts that make data stories meaningful.
I primarily work out of my studio in Austin, Texas, however I am happy to travel occasionally and/or be on site as needed for collaboration, presentations, client reviews, etc.
Flexible through the summer.